Wednesday 1 June 2016

Things I'm looking forward to in #June!


Dial up your workwear game with a Cecily dress

So we are nearly half way through 2016!! Crikey - how time flies. This month sees the manifestation of a couple of long held dreams when it comes to my business, The Wardrobe Angel.
  1. First up we have me landing a radio show! I did student radio when I was a first year at Nottingham University and loved it. Since then I've been invited to talk about all things wardrobes on BBC Radio Leeds, Manchester and Humberside. Now I have my own show on a Tuesday morning from 9-12 noon on Phoenix FM, talking to awesome people who are doing awesome things in awesome businesses. You can listen online, text in for shout outs and request songs. See you there - I'll be live every Tuesday from 7th June!
  2. Secondly I've been asked to contribute to a book about wardrobes. Erm, hello? How perfect is that?! The book's purpose is to investigate the space of the wardrobe:  "The wardrobe is an under-investigated space within the fashion and clothing system, below the radar of many traditional academic disciplines and also popular culture. It is not a commercial priority. It does not feature on runways or fashion magazines. It is an area of life that impacts closely on people and a powerful component part of a more interconnected, diverse fashion system."
  3. Styling one of the hottest dresses on the workwear block - a beautiful dress from Cecily. The Gina dress (pic at top) is to die for! Look at those sleeves!!
  4. Starting a Yoga class. Last quarter I worked myself hard with not a lot of time off. Before Rich and I set off for our honeymoon I was a ghost of my former self. I realised the state I had gotten myself in to was exactly the state I had left when I went from being employed to becoming self-employed nearly 5 years ago. Swift action was taken - trusting my gut when it came to job opportunities, feeding myself a more varied diet (not just hummus and oat cakes, basically) and to take at least 1 full day off a week. The Yoga class is an hour after my radio show finishes - day off WIN.
  5. Another year of Bird Board. I've been a member of this fantastic power team for 2 years now and it has helped me to become more assertive and better prepared in my business. Frances, the amazing brains behind the operation, has expanded the number of groups and this networking is growing fast! So excited to be a part of it.

What have you got planned this month? 

Til next time...x

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you have a busy month ahead! I am looking forward to a bit of a wind down. I'm going on holiday. working on getting my anxiety under control and just organising my life a little better :) That's before I launch my new blog (www.shoestringchic.co.uk) In July! Cant wait to see the book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. Love to know your thoughts...