Tuesday 7 June 2016

A TV and Radio Presenter - step forward The Wardrobe Angel


Getting ready to film with Michael from Always Wear RedWearing a Maje dress and Zara kids bomber. 

An old manager of mine used to say "blowing your own trumpet plays a very bitter tune" then laugh and say "bollocks! If you've done something you're really proud of, you should tell people." I know people who are so good at sharing all the exciting things that are happening in their life but in a non-bragging sort of way. After you've left the conversation with them you think 'oh WOW. They are so talented.' (And you want to weep a little bit because you think you aren't as talented.)

Well, since Rich and I returned from our honeymoon 3 really exciting things happened:

I got my own radio show, was offered a TV show and was asked to contribute to a book about wardrobes.

Let's break this down. First, my radio show. On honeymoon I made 3 promises to myself, 1 of which was to trust my gut. I'd been aware of Phoenix Radio for a while and I've had their website open on my phone for months but it never felt like the right time to contact them. After 1 day back at my desk I rang them, told them what I wanted to do and headed down for a meeting. At the end of the meeting I was offered a slot on Tuesday mornings, a slot which had only become vacant the day before. HELLO SYNCHRONICITY! My show features awesome guests who are running their own businesses and doing awesome things.

Amazing headphone game, if I do say so myself!

Secondly, the TV show. I owe this to a man I have never met: Michael from Always Wear Red, a fantastic accessories brand. We've chatted on the phone, followed each other on Social Media but never met in person. He'd been approached to appear on a new TV show called Fashion House, a show which didn't have a presenter. He recommended me, they loved my YouTube videos and the rest is history; filming started last week. I get to chat to stylish people in their wardrobes and try on their clothes.

Thirdly, the book. It's being pulled together by a couple of fashion academics I know:

"The wardrobe is an under-investigated space within the fashion and clothing system, below the radar of many traditional academic disciplines and also popular culture."

I've wanted to be a successful broadcaster for as long as I can remember and the events that have transpired over the past 3 weeks are the seeds of years of hard work, making connections and having a true intention and trusting that it will happen. So, toot toot! This week I'm blowing my own trumpet.

Til next time...x
The Wardrobe Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Love to know your thoughts...