Wednesday 11 June 2014

Ta-da! My Hay Wardrobe!

Over the years I have worked out 2 things:

1. My leather jacket is pretty warm
2. If I wear a chunky jumper my tits look hideous.

So with those facts in mind I set about packing for Hay. I decided on BLACK as my building block colour, added white, leopard print and sequins, using my leather jacket as a jumper AND a jacket. I really want to be able to wear a chunky knit but after seeing photographic evidence of point 2 (above) in action, safe to say it wasn't pretty.

The (long) drive down

Vintage kimono, IL2L leather jacket, Topshop t-shirt, necklace, Jamie Jeans and skater shoes

Day at the festival
I wanted the sun to shine, for me to prance around in sequins and loll in the grass reading Mary Berry's Recipe for life wearing this:

H&M Trend Midi Pencil Skirt, & Other Stories t-shirt, vintage sequin jacket, vintage tote bag, Topshop skater shoes



But I ended up throwing the leather jacket on to give me some extra coverage against the rain and cold. And then I donned my down feather Zara parka as well. Layers = the answer to the not so Great British Summer.


Ooh I love a bit of textural difference!

Client in Bristol
The Wardrobe Angel never rests and my festival holiday coincided perfectly with a client in Bristol. This Theyskens' Theory dress travels really well; it never needs ironing. I ended up popping the collar on the jacket and wearing the necklace on the outside of the jacket; just a spur of the moment decision when I got out of the car. My client commented on it as soon as walked in the house! She loved it!

Vintage tote, Nine West block heeled sandals, Theyskens' Theory dress, H&M Trend jacket, Topshop necklace

Travelling home


Topshop Jamie Jeans, Nine West heels, Alice + Olivia blouse, H&M necklace,  IL2L jacket

Dinner that night

There was a possibility that I was going to have to get off the train and head out to dinner so I planned another outfit accordingly....


The Alice + Olivia blouse has a cut away section across the back and with the weather being what it was I knew I'd be cold. I've been loving a preppy feel to my clothes of late so I decided to swing my cashmere jumper jauntily around my shoulders to keep warm.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading. Love to know your thoughts...