But heading off for winter sun whilst Britain claws it's way out of another deep freeze can have it's pitfalls. How do you get hold of that all important second perfect bikini in darkest December when you have so many layers on the though of stripping off in a changing room is enough to make you want to cry?
The simple fast is Winter Sun holiday makers have to stock up now. Topshop online and some larger stores do stock a small range of swimwear all year round but if you really want to save yourself time, money and effort before your holiday then hit the mid season sales. They will be launching this week (Debenhams launched theirs today - just watch other high street retailers jump on that money pony) or next week so keep your fashion eyes peeled.
So what should Winter Sun Seekers be snapping up in the Sales?
- Swimwear, jersey, skirts and dresses - all suitable for a summer wardrobe in winter.
- Silk - always adds a touch of class and luxury. It may be handwash but it is worth the pain.
- Dual purpose garments - buy a cashmere jumper now, wear now, then get even more wear when you use it as the base for your plane outfit. Hey presto! First Class is calling.
- Christmas Party Dress - Your party dress will not only look great on a holiday night out when accessorised with your winter tan, but buy now and by-pass that hideous moment at the staff xmas party when not 2 but 3 of you are wearing the same dress because they all left it too late to buy anything different. Look for 20% off full price stock (hint hint - Whistles in conjunction with Grazia) or raid those sales racks with all your might.
- Fierce jewellery - a catch your eye cuff or a noteworthy necklace will really set you apart from fellow holiday makers.
- Suitcase/handluggage and carry-on bags.
- Suntan Creme - it's BOGOF (Buy One Get One Free) in Boots right now.